International Olympic Committee Young Leaders Program 2023-2026 (CHF 10,000 seed-funding)
The International Olympic Committee’s Young Leaders Program for 2023 is now accepting applications.
How to apply, please see below:
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) Young Leaders Programme 2023–2026 is now accepting applications. The program’s goal is to assist young people in creating and carrying out community-based social projects that use sport to address problems.
The IOC Young Leaders program is spread out over four years to provide participants the time to complete the stages of creating a social enterprise or initiative that offers a localized sport-based solution to a critical issue in their particular communities.
The program is structured each year to focus on the growth of the young leader and their sport-based social enterprise or project.
The learning journey covers a broad range of topics and professionals, including those who are experts in human-centered design, prototyping, ecosystem mapping, leadership skills, customer segmentation, public relations, fundraising, impact measurement, user research, user testing, digital communications, and finance.
The four-year program uses a blended learning methodology that combines online discussions and sessions, community spaces, and in-person learning and networking opportunities. The majority of the monthly learning will take place online and will feature discussions with experts, the exchange of useful materials, link group meetings, and activities that require independent study.
Benefits of the International Olympic Committee Young Leaders Program 2023
Each IOC Young Leader receives:
- CHF 10,000 seed-funding delivered over the four years
- Monthly expert-led workshops and guidance
- Access to thought-leaders and inspirational figures
- Exclusive invitation to attend the bi-annual IOC Youth Summit
- Invitations to attend and speak at global gatherings
- Networking and knowledge-sharing opportunities
- Leadership coaching
- A dedicated team on hand to provide support
Eligibility for the International Olympic Committee Young Leaders Program 2023
The IOC Young Leader profile:
- 20-28 years old.
- Proficiency in English.
- Passion for sport as a tool for social and economic change.
- Interest in community action.
- Knowledge of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Strong communicator and team player willing to learn and grow.
- Comfortable in managing social media, and new technologies and platforms.
This program is for you if you want to:
- Turn ideation and research into real action and development of solutions.
- Become a more effective and stronger leader in sport and social business (or a sport and social business entrepreneur).
- Drive local transformative change in and through sport.
- Represent and embody the Olympic values in action.
- Commit to a four-year entrepreneurial journey.
- Be both a mentee and a mentor through a comprehensive mentorship programme.
Collaborate with fellow young leaders, experts, researchers, sports leaders and social business entrepreneurs.
How to Apply for International Olympic Committee Young Leaders Program 2023.
The process for selecting the IOC Young Leaders for 2023-2026 consists of two stages: the 4-Week Learning Sprint and the IOC Young Leaders Programme Application Process.
- Completion of the 4-Week Learning Sprint is the first prerequisite for a candidate to be eligible to apply for the IOC Young Leaders Programme.
- Registration for the 4-Week Learning sprint opens on September 15 and closes on October 20, 2022.
- The four sessions of the 4-Week Learning Sprint will take place in November: every Tuesday starting on November 8.
- More details will be communicated to those who register.
- After successfully completing the 4-Week Learning Sprint (Certificate of Participation earned), a candidate becomes eligible to apply for the IOC Young Leaders Programme.
- The application process opens on December 1 and closes on December 31, 2022.
You are interested? Click here to apply